In Japan, designated workplaces, measurement items, and measurement standards for which work environment measurements must be carried out are stipulated in legally designated workplaces. It will be outsourced to your own working environment measurer or work environment measurement organization.
In addition, the record of the measurement result must be retained for the period specified by law.
- Indoor workplaces where specific dust work is performed and indoor workplaces where asbestos or a preparation containing asbestos is manufactured or handled
- Radioactive material handling work room
- Indoor workplaces that manufacture or handle 34 organic substances among the specified chemical substances Class 1 and 2, and coke manufacturing workshops
- Indoor workplaces that manufacture or handle eight inorganic metal-based substances among the specified chemical substances Class 1 and 2, and workplaces that carry out lead operations
- Workplaces that manufacture or handle 47 substances out of the 1st and 2nd organic solvents
If you are obliged to measure the working environment using organic solvents, it is a good idea to switch to solvents and cleaning agents other than those designated by the 1st and 2nd organic solvents of Ordinance on Prevention of Organic Solvent Poisoning.
We manufacture many such environmentally friendly solvents.
Revision of the work environment measurement method / Revision of the administrative control levels of the work environment evaluation standard
April 1, 2009
Change of specific chemical substances
Change of administrative control levels of specified chemical substances
Review of sampling method and analysis method in work environment measurement standards
Excerpts about organic solvents
Change of administrative control levels in the work environment evaluation criteria
Below are excerpts of changes related to organic solvents.
|Name of substance||Administrative control levels (Before)||Administrative control levels (After)|
|Toluene||50 ppm||20 ppm|
|Cyclohexanone||25 ppm||20 ppm|
|Tetrahydrofuran||200 ppm||50 ppm|
|Trichloroethylene||25 ppm||10 ppm|
|Chloroform||10 ppm||3 ppm|
* For more information, please contact the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare.